Sunday 10 January 2010

Bleeding-heart liberal-men round on Big Swifty

This man must be censured, for laughing with women. A hanging judge and jury of bleeding heart liberal men have decided that Big Swifty's facebook status posting today is inappropriate and offensive to women.
In response to the sisterhood's suggestion that women respond to a simple Facebook post, "What color is your bra?", millions of women have let their followers know, apparently to help raise awareness for breast cancer. The message was simple: "Just write the color of your bra in your status. Just the color, nothing else. Then copy & send this to the girls on your friend list, absolutely no men .... It will be fun to see if this will spread the wings of cancer awareness." Spread it did. It's still unclear who started the Facebook bra meme, but it's really clear what color bra women wore on Thursday. The Susan G. Komen Foundation likes the idea. At the start of Friday, the group had exactly 135 fans on its Facebook page. By 5:30 p.m., it had 135,000.
Big Swifty pleads guilty to posting the following message to his facebook page, copied from another friend:

"URGENT FACEBOOK VIRUS ALERT. An email recently went out to women asking them to post the colour of their bra. THIS IS A VIRUS. To fix it, you must remove your bra, then go to settings>Enable Webcam>Record Movie. Please re post this to your status."
Immediately I posted this note (tongue in cheek), to add fuel to the fire: "I would like to apologise for that last posting. I thought I was carrying out a useful public duty, and have now had it explained to me that it's some kind of joke."
A gang of politically-correct virtual-police friends of mine ambushed me, suggesting I was a dirty old man, and that I should be ashamed of myself. Some wimmin friends thought my posting a good laugh. My defence was that my message was submitted with post-feminist irony, but this concept was lost on the humourless male guardians of women's feelings.
"You have just made me really laugh when I feel rubbish." "Andrew - this is what facebook is all about - having a laugh." "Oh, Andrew! Your post is a hoot!" "Can't find the webcam settings, but my husband is enjoying the spectacle!! " said some of my women friends. I like a laugh with the girls.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post far more than anything else on Facebook - and actually, nobody told me it was in aid of cancer, I just put 'fuschia' because I was, and a friend had asked me to 'for a laugh'. See - simple minds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy Facebook a lot, and about ten of my 100ish "friends" provide me with much fun and entertainment. But most hardly use it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Big Swifty,
    Take no notice of the grumpers.....they need a humour transplant. Bernie let me know about your post, and I, literally, laughed out loud. Its good to hear of someone who does have a sense of humour....well done.
    Kind Regards
    Ros (Yes....and I am a woman) :-D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails