Monday 15 February 2010

Friendship day at Big Swifty Towers

It wasn't just Valentines' Day chez Swifty; we decided to share the love, and invited Mark and Lisa to join the four of us at home.

Jules had made a wonderful effort to make our day special, starting with the heart toast. Sending me out to stretch my legs, Sev and Jules cooked the vegetables ( I won't spoil the veggie groove by quoting Gene Hunt's "if God hadn't meant us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat"). Meanwhile Frank, the three year-old chef, made the desserts; yoghurt layered with raspberries.

Along came Lisa and Mark (names unchanged to expose the innocent), who were great company, even though I don't know what Mark's on about much of the time. Frank hugely enjoys Mark's company, they seem to have an understanding despite neither of them coming from planet earth. Later we had a fire with some more of our garden wood; I just love the smell of burning free fuel in the evening.

Then I rang Rod in Scotland to make some plans for our backpacking in May. Friendship day indeed, thanks everyone for being my pal.

1 comment:

  1. Mark says - Thanks for the bloggage Mr Budd....don't know what I'm talking about half the time? Cheeky Get. Me and Fruit Felt Boy are gonna 'ave words about this.....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails